Outdoor spaces really do come into their own during the good weather and despite the British weather being at its temperamental best this year, 67% of us will use our garden for entertaining guests during the summer months. If your garden is shouting out for some TLC before your summer guests arrive, read our top five tips to get your garden ready to party.
Tuesday the 5th June marks the national celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee here in the United Kingdom, and with an extended weekend of events in London and street parties planned up and down the country make sure your Jubilee celebration goes with a bang with these tips for party success!
- Start planning your street party now! You’ll need to inform your local council of the event if you are actually going to sit out in the street, otherwise you can use a driveway or front garden – check with your Town Hall for advice.
- Get everyone involved. A street party is a great way to get to know your new neighbours or re-ignite old friendships. Print off some simple leaflets asking who would like to be involved and post through everyone’s doors, if you’re the chatty sort simply knock on doors to recruit help.
- Hold a raffle or tombola on the day – you could get everyone to make the prizes, donate a bottle or bake cakes!
- Keep it simple – you want to enjoy yourself too.
- Set a finishing time in advance and make sure everyone knows it – your neighbours won’t thank you for a celebration that carries on until 4am!
- Don’t forget patriotic decorations, music and lots of seating.
The staff here at Mill Outlets have been busy knitting additional decorations for our own Jubilee celebrations including this fantastic knitted royal crown shown below.
Our Dunchurch Shop Manager Jayne, adapted the pattern for a knitted Crown Tea Cosy designed by Elizabeth Jarvis and it is currently on display in the Dunchurch Mill Outlet shop window. The rest of the Dunchurch shop staff have knitted yards of union jack bunting that now adorns the shop.
What have you been making for the Diamond Jubilee? Send your photos and stories to email@example.com or post to our facebook page.
Still looking for British-themed accessories for your home delivered in time for the big weekend? Surely one of these will take your fancy – and as usual, you can expect great quality at low prices!